Do you want to know if having low blood sugar is bad or good? Or do you want to know if you are safe having a low blood sugar level? You are truly going to get the information you desire and seek for. Then this is probably your last bus stop. But you are to read this article attentively and avoid any side distractions.
Low Blood Sugar
Well, a low blood sugar level, also known as hypoglycemia or a “hypo”, is where the level of sugar (glucose) in your blood drops low. well, you need to know that when your blood sugar is low it can lead to blurred vision, difficulty concentrating, confused thinking, slurred speech, numbness, and drowsiness.
You need to also know that if blood glucose stays low for too long. Starving the brain glucose may lead to seizures, coma, and very rarely death.
You need to also know that it mainly affects people with diabetes, especially if they take insulin. A low blood sugar level can be very dangerous if it’s not treated quickly, but you can usually treat it easily yourself.
Recommended to Read; Blood Sugar – How To Treat Blood Sugar
Symptoms of a Low Blood Sugar Level
A low sugar level can affect everyone differently. Kindly check out the below steps to know how it makes one feel:
- Feeling hungry
- Feeling tired
- Tingling hungry
- Turning pale
- Feeling shaky or trembling
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Blurred vision
Well, here are some of the symptoms of a low sugar level.
Causes of a Low Blood Sugar Level
Below are some of the causes of low sugar levels:
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Skipping or eating late
- The effects of the medicine
- Not having enough carbohydrate food in your last meal.
- Exercising when it is intense or unplanned.
Those are some of the causes of Low Sugar Levels.
How to Avoid a Low Blood Sugar Level
Want to know how you can avoid having a low blood sugar level? Then read the below section attentively:
- You need to be very careful when you are drinking alcohol
- Make you don’t skip your meals.
- You should always check your sugar level always and be aware of the symptoms of a low blood sugar level so you can treat it quickly.
- You need to always carry a sugary snack or drink with you, such as glucose tablets, a carton of fruit, or some sweets.
- Always make use of a continuous glucose monitor to see how your sugar level is changing.
- Have a carbohydrate snack.
Those are some of the ways to avoid a low blood level
The Bottom Line
The low blood level is something we must not joke with or take for granted. In this article, we disclosed a lot of information concerning low blood levels. And not just that we will also be giving some details about the symptoms, causes, and how to avoid them.
Recommended to Read; Kidney And Bladder – How to improve & treat kidney and bladder infection
Also, Check Out: